Guitar Hero Live
Guitar Hero Live is a music game developed by FreeStyleGames and published by Activision. It was released for multiple platforms in 2015. As with previous games in the series, players use a guitar controller to match fret patterns in time with the music.
In the game's primary single-player mode - GH Live - the player completes songs while experiencing full-motion video taken from the first-person perspective of a band's lead guitarist. The video includes shots of the audience and the band members. As the player performs the songs, the audience responds positively to good performances when few mistakes are made. If the player makes several mistakes in a row, the audience will become critical and start to jeer at the performer.
- Release Date: November 2015
- Xbox One, PS4, X360, PS3 3, WiiU, iOS
- Music, Rhythm, Guitar, Multiplayer
- FreeStyleGames / Activision|Blizzard
Key personal contributions
- Cross-platform rendering framework
- In-house engine features
- Video transition system
- Particle system driven by art requirements
- Performance optimisations on all platforms
- Font renderer for karaoke mode written day before deadline without any bugs
- TCR/TRC/XR compliance